It is our hope that students will continue to grow in self awareness and enrich their relationships with others and God. In an effort to make this possible, school day retreats are scheduled for all Notre Dame students throughout the school year. These gatherings allow students to engage in different activities and reflect upon their experiences to ensure their growth in all aspects of their lives before leaving Notre Dame.
Junior High Retreats
- The 7th Grade retreat, Heroes and the Ultimate Hero, allows students to reflect on everyday heroes. It is a faith based day which includes learning about Catherine McAuley, other saintly people, and the ultimate hero, Jesus Christ. Non-Christians are encouraged to reflect on their beliefs.
- The 8th Grade retreat, The Gift, focuses on life as a gift given to us all. During this transition time in their lives, students examine the gift of friendship, family and school.
- The Freshman retreats is focused on building the community in the tradition of Catherine McAuley. These students learn about the foundress of the Sisters of Mercy, Catherine McAuley and the core values of mercy. The goal of this retreat is to learn more about our school traditions and to get to know one another.
- The Sophomore retreat are based on service, in both the fall and the spring. Our goal is to have these students recognize the value and importance of volunteering. Sophomore students are required to write a reflection on their experience. Students enjoy helping others and grow in small groups.
- The Junior retreat, Responsible Citizens, Responsible Christians, offers a variety of activities that help the students reflect on their values, gifts and talents. These students have an opportunity to hear how others have learned to discern God's call in their life, using the Critical Concerns of Mercy and our call to action.
- The Senior retreat, Go Forth, Empowered by Love, helps students during their final days at Notre Dame and beyond. Students reflect on their past, present and future. Activities during the retreats are geared around these different times in their lives.